Upgrade from Individual to Organization
This article will guide existing individual Bitwarden users (Free or Premium) through the process of transitioning to an Organizations plan (Free, Families, Teams, or Enterprise) in order to start securely sharing data between friends, family, co-workers, a department, or an entire company.
Start Your Organization
Complete the following steps to start your Organization:
- Log in to your Web Vault.
Select the New Organization button.
On the New Organization screen, enter an Organization Name for your new Organization and the Billing Email we can reach you at.
Paid Organizations (Families, Teams, or Enterprise) have a 7 Day Free Trial built in. We won’t charge you until your trial is over. You can cancel your subscription at any time in the Settings tab of your Organization.
- If you’re creating an Organization on behalf of a business:
- Check the This account is owned by a business checkbox.
- Provide your Business Name.
Checking the This account is owned by a business checkbox will automatically filter your plan options to those suited to businesses. If you represent a business interested in testing secure sharing using a Free Organization, leave this option unchecked.
- In the Choose Your Plan section, select which type of Organization to create. Options include:
- Free: For testing or personal users to share with 1 other user. Learn more.
- Families: For personal use, to share with family & friends. Learn more.
- Teams: For businesses and other team organizations. Learn more.
- Enterprise: For businesses and other large organizations. Learn more.
Paid Organizations (Families, Teams, or Enterprise) include premium features for all enrolled users. For more information about Premium features, see About Bitwarden Plans.
- If you selected a Paid Organization, enter the following information:
- For Teams or Enterprise, enter the number of User Seats you need. You can add additional seats later if required.
- For Families, Teams, or Enterprise, enter the amount of Additional Storage (GB) you need. You plan comes with 1 GB of shared encrypted file attachments, and you can add additional storage later if needed.
- For Teams or Enterprise, select whether you’d like to be billed Annually or Monthly. Families Organizations may only be billed annually.
- For any Paid Organization, enter your Payment Information
- Click Submit to start using your new Organization.
Cancel Premium Individual Plan
Paid Organizations (Families, Teams, or Enterprise) automatically provide all users with access to premium features. If you had a Premium Individual subscription at the time of creating the Organization, you can cancel your Premium Individual subscription without losing access to premium features.
Bitwarden offers refunds for cancelled Premium Individual plans within 30 days of account creation. If you create a paid Organization within 30 days of creating a Premium individual account, Contact Us to initiation your refund.
At this time, Bitwarden does not offer refunds to paid subscriptions older than 30 days.
Complete the following steps to cancel your Premium Individual subscription:
- Log in to your Web Vault.
- Open the Settings tab and select Premium Membership from the left menu.
- Select the Cancel Subscription button.
Now that you’ve created your Organization, we recommend that you: