Import Data from Google Chrome
Use this article for help exporting data from Google Chrome and importing into Bitwarden.
The steps in this article can also be used with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
Export from Chrome
From a Desktop
Complete the following steps to export passwords from Chrome on your Desktop:
- Using the address bar, navigate to
Select the menu button in the Saved Passwords section, and select Export passwords… from the dropdown.
You may be prompted to enter your computer’s password for authorization.
- Specify a location to save your export to, and select comma-separated values from the Format: field.
- Select Save to finish exporting from Chrome.
From a Mobile Device
Complete the following steps to export passwords from Chrome on your Mobile Device:
- Tap the menu button and tap Settings.
- Tap Passwords.
Tap Export Passwords.
You may be prompted to enter your device PIN or a biometric for authorization.
- Specify a location to save your export to.
Import to Bitwarden
Complete the following steps to import data to your Bitwarden personal Vault (for help importing to an Organization Vault, see Import Items to an Organization):
- Log in to the Web Vault.
- Select Tools from the top navigation bar.
- Select Import Data from the left Tools menu.
- Select Chrome (csv) from the format dropdown.
- Select the Browse… button and add the file exported from Chrome.
- Select the Import Data button to complete your import.
Importing data multiple times will create duplicates.
Congratulations! You have just transferred your data from Chrome into Bitwarden.
Was this helpful?
Rate this article:
Want to talk to a human?Send Us An Email