Importing your data from Google Chrome into Bitwarden is easy.
The process is exactly the same for Opera, Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Brave and Vivaldi browser users.
Export your Chrome passwords (Desktop)
- Open Chrome and enter
chrome://settings/passwords into the address bar and press enter. This will open a page with all your Saved Passwords for Chrome.
- Locate the Export passwords option at the top of the Saved Passwords list. It is hidden under the options icon (
...) next to the Saved Passwords heading.
- Click the Export passwords option in the options menu. You may be prompted to enter your computer’s password for authorization.
- You’ll then be prompted to save your passwords to a CSV file on your computer. Save this file to your desktop as
chrome_passwords.csv (or whatever name you want to call it).
Export your Chrome passwords (Mobile)
- Open the Chrome app on your mobile device
2.Tap the more/three dots located to the top right.
- Go to Settings > Passwords.This will open a page with all your Saved Passwords for Chrome.
- Then tap on the more/three dots to the top right.
- Select Export Passwords.You may be prompted to enter your device pin or biometric for authorization.
- You’ll then be prompted to save your passwords. Select a safe and secure location and remember to completely delete your export as soon as you are done importing it.
Import your passwords into Bitwarden
- Go to the Bitwarden web vault and log in.
- Navigate to Tools → Import Data.
- Select Chrome (csv) as the file format and select your
chrome_passwords.csv file from the desktop that you created in step 7 above.
- Click the Import Data button.
Congratulations! You have just transferred all of your data from Google Chrome into Bitwarden.