Import Data from Google Chrome
Use this article for help exporting data from Google Chrome and importing into Bitwarden.
The steps in this article can also be used with any Chromium-based browser, including Opera, Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Brave, and Vivaldi.
Export from Chrome
You can export Google Chrome data from a Desktop browser or a Mobile browser:
Chrome on Desktop
To export passwords from Chrome on your Desktop:
- Using the address bar, navigate to
Select the menu button in the Saved Passwords section, and select Export passwords… from the dropdown.
You may be prompted to enter your computer’s password for authorization.
- Specify a location to save your export to, and select comma-separated values from the Format: field.
- Select Save to finish exporting from Chrome.
Chrome on Mobile
To export passwords from Chrome on your Mobile Device:
- Tap the menu button and tap Settings.
- Tap Passwords.
Tap Export Passwords.
You may be prompted to enter your device PIN or a biometric for authorization.
- Specify a location to save your export to.
Import to Bitwarden
- In the Web Vault, select Tools from the top navigation bar.
- Select Import Data from the left-hand Tools menu.
From the format dropdown, choose a Chrome (csv) (see What file formats does Bitwarden support for import?).
Select the Choose File button and add the file to import or copy/paste the contents of your file into the input box.
Import to Bitwarden can’t check whether items in the file to import are duplicative of items in your Vault. This means that importing multiple files will create duplicative Vault items if an item is already in the Vault and in the file to import.
- Select the Import Data button to complete your import.
- After successful import, delete the import source file from your computer. This will protect you in the event your computer is compromised.
Currently, file attachments are not included in Bitwarden import operations and will need to be uploaded to your Vault manually. For more information, see File Attachments.