Get Started with iOS
Bitwarden for iOS lets you take your password manager on the go. Download Bitwarden from the App Store, or by opening get.bitwarden.com on your device. For help creating your Bitwarden account, see Create Your Bitwarden Account.
When you login to Bitwarden on your iOS device, you’ll land on the My Vault tab:
Explore Your Vault
From the My Vault tab, you can browse all items in your Bitwarden Vault.
When you Favorite an item, it’ll appear at the top of your Vault for easy access. Items are also sorted into Types (Login, Card, Identity, or Secure Note) and Folders. If you’re a member of an Organization, Collections will also appear in your iOS Vault.
Get Organized with Favorites and Folders
Organizing your Vault into Favorites and Folders makes navigating your Vault a breeze:
- Tap the item you want to edit.
- Tap Edit in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap Folder to select a folder for this item, or toggle the Favorite switch to add it to your Favorites.
- Tap Save in the top-right corner of your screen.
Create New Items
You can create new Logins, Cards, Identities, and Secure Notes directly from any iOS device.
- Tap the Add icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose which Type of item to create (for example, Login).
- Enter all the information for the item (for example, Username and Password).
- For Logins, enter the website the login is used for in the URI field (for example, www.amazon.com).
- Tap Folder or toggle the Favorite switch to organize the item in your Vault.
- When you’re finished, tap Save in the top-right corner of your screen.
Go back and edit this item at any time by opening it and tapping Edit.
Send an item to the Trash by opening it, tapping the menu ( ), and tapping Delete. Items in the Trash will remain there for 30 days before being permanently deleted.
Setup Auto-fill to automatically enter logins from your iOS device to a Web Browser (like Safari) or other app.
- On the iOS home screen, tap the Settings app.
- From the Settings menu, tap Passwords.
- Tap AutoFill Passwords.
- Tap the AutoFill Passwords toggle. Green indicates that AutoFill is active.
- From the Allow Filling From list, select Bitwarden. A check-mark ( ) indicates that Bitwarden is selected.
When you create new logins, make sure you enter a website in the URI field to surface them for Auto-fill.
Unlock with Biometrics
Unlocking Bitwarden with biometrics allows for seamless access to your Vault. If you haven’t setup Touch ID or Face ID on your iOS device, you’ll need to do that first from the iOS Settings app.
- In your Bitwarden iOS app, tap the Settings tab located at the bottom of your screen.
- Depending on what your device has available, tap:
- Unlock with Touch ID
- Unlock with Face ID
- You’ll be asked to verify with your fingerprint or face depending on your selection. A green
Enabledlabel will indicate that an option is active.
Once Enabled, you’ll be able to open your Bitwarden app or Auto-fill logins using just your biometric method of choice.
Login using Auto-fill
- Tap the Email/Username or Password input box in the app or website.
Above your keyboard, tap Passwords.
- You’ll be prompted for your Face ID or Touch ID. If you aren’t using Biometrics, enter your Master Password.
If you’ve connected a login to this website or app using the URI field, that login will appear in this window. If you haven’t, tap Search to find it.
Tap the login to automatically your email/username and password into the boxes, and sign in!
Bitwarden 101: Get Started with iOS
Use this following Video or Slideshow for help getting started using Bitwarden for iOS:
Was this helpful?
Rate this article:
Want to talk to a human?Send Us An Email