Delete your account
Your account can only be deleted from the web vault. Deleting your Bitwarden account permanently deletes your account and all data that is associated with it. Bitwarden does not “soft delete” any data.
This action is permanent and cannot be undone.
- Log in to the web vault at https://vault.bitwarden.com
- Click Settings in the top navigation bar
- Click the Delete Account button under the Danger Zone section of My Account
- Type in your master password and click the Delete Account. You will be logged out when the delete completes.
Delete without logging in
You can also delete your account without having to know the password. This is helpful in the event that you forget your password and need to start over.
- Navigate to https://vault.bitwarden.com/#/recover-delete
- Enter your account’s email address
- Go to your email inbox and click the verification link that was sent to you
- Confirm the delete
Was this helpful?
Rate this article:
Want to talk to a human?Send Us An Email