Users provide personal information in connection with your account creation, usage of the Bitwarden Service and support, and payments for the Bitwarden Service. Bitwarden uses Administrative Data to provide the Bitwarden Service to you. We retain Administrative Data for as long as you are a customer of Bitwarden and as required by law. If you terminate your relationship with Bitwarden, we will delete your Personal Information in accordance with our data retention policies.
Bitwarden does not log user activity or access information such as IP addresses, authentication, access, or use. Information related to user activity is only available for Teams or Enterprise Organizations via Event Logs. As described above, Bitwarden uses some data to provide the Bitwarden Service to you, including:
- Account Email Address (used for Email Verification, Account Administration, and communication between you and Bitwarden).
- Whether email address is verified.
- Name (Only if provided during account creation).
- A Bitwarden-generated device-specific GUID (sometimes referred to as a Device ID, and used to alert you when a new device logs into your Vault.)
Billing / Subscription
- Premium subscription status and renewal date.
- Billing history.
- Last 4 digits of payment method on file, type of card, and expiration date.
- Any existing account credit.
- Organization Name.
- Organization Business Name (when applicable).
- Organization type and plan information, including:
- Features available to the Organization.
- Renewal cadence.
- Number of seats.
- Organization Billing Email Address
- Email Addresses of Organization Owners and Admins.