When adding users to your Bitwarden Organization, you can grant certain levels of access by user type. Options include Owner, Admin, Manager and User. See further details below:
- Most common user type
- Only have access to assigned collections
- Consumers of shared items in addition to their individual vault items
- Only work with items under collections they have been associated with
- Unable to create collections
- Only administer a collection it is associated with by an Owner or Admin
- Access and manage assigned collections in an organization
- Create new collections and modify the assigned collections
- Able to set user access for assigned collections
- Access and manage all items, collections, and users in your organization
- Invite and confirm users to join an organization
- Manage Enterprise Policies
- Manage Groups
- View Event Logs
- Export organization vault data
- Normally only a few select Admins in an organization
- Highest level of access
- Manage all aspects of the organization
- Manage billing, subscription, and integration mechanisms
- Normally only a few select Owners in an organization
Once the user or user’s group is saved with their Collections access, the user will inherit those items into their Vault view.
In addition to defining the User Type, Access Control determines a full or partial view of the collections within an organization.
Choose all items or selected collections to set the appropriate access.
Choose read only for the appropriate collections.