On this page:
This article will walk your through migration procedures if you’re moving from Cloud to On-premises, or from on-premises to Cloud.
Migrate Cloud to On-premises
When migrating from the Cloud to an on-premises instance:
- Install and Deploy Bitwarden to your on-premises server.
- Download your Enterprise Organization License from the Cloud Web Vault and use it to Create an Organization in your on-premises instance.
- Export your Data from the Cloud Web Vault.
- Import your Data to your on-premises instance to automatically create Collections, Vault items, and their associations.
- Create User Groups manually in your on-premises instance.
- Start Inviting Users to your Organization.
Migrate on-premises to Cloud
When migrating from an on-premises instance to the Cloud:
- Create an Organization in the Cloud Web Vault.
- Create User Groups and Invite Users to your Organization to mirror your on-premises instance.
- Export your Data from your on-premises instance. Encourage your users to export their personal Vaults as well.
- Import your Data to the Cloud.
- Manually migrate (download from on-premises and upload to Cloud) any stored attachments.