Effectively managing the items in your Vault is key to making sure that you secure and have seamless access to your information, and can safely share information with friends, family, teams, and colleagues.
Bitwarden can store 4 types of items in your Vault:
Add a Vault Item
You can add items to your Vault from the Bitwarden Web Vault or any client application. Look for a Add icon to add an item to your Vault. There are 4 types of items you can add to your Vault.
All item types can be given:
- A Name that makes them easily identifiable to you inside your Vault.
- Notes related to the item in a freeform text input.
- Custom Fields for inputs like security questions or PINs (for more information, see Custom Fields).
You can also import items into your Vault from a variety of password management solutions. For more information, see Import Data to your Vault.
Refer to the following screenshot for help understanding all the values available for Login items:
Refer to the following screenshot for help understanding all the values available for Card items:
Refer to the following screenshot for help understanding all the values available for Identity items:
Refer to the following screenshot for help understanding all the values available for Secure Note items:
Folders and Favorites
Delete a Vault Item
You can delete any Vault items directly from the Web Vault or from any client application:
- In the Web Vault, select Delete from the hover-over Gear dropdown.
- On Mobile Applications, open the item and tap Delete in the Menu.
- On Desktop Applications and Browser Extensions, open the item and select the Delete icon.
Before an item is deleted, you will be prompted to confirm deletion. Once confirmed, the item will be placed into the Trash.
Items in the Trash
Deleted items are sent to the Trash, where they remain for 30 days after deletion. Once 30 days have lapsed, the item will be permanently deleted and not recoverable.
In the Trash, you can Restore an item to your Vault or Permanently Delete it prior to the 30-day waiting period:
Share a Vault Item
If you’re a member of an Organization, you can share a Vault item with the other members of your Organization. For more information, see Share Items to a Collection.
Clone a Vault Item
You can clone any Vault item that you have Ownership of, if you wish to create a duplicate of the item.
- In the Web Vault, select Clone from the hover-over Gear dropdown.
- On Mobile Applications, open the item and tap Clone in the Menu.
- On Desktop Applications and Browser Extensions, open the item and select the Clone Item option.
To clone an item within an Organization, you must clone it from the Organization Vault view, not the Personal Vault view.