Autofill Identities and Cards
Bitwarden can autofill more than just your usernames and passwords! It can make online purchases and account creations a breeze. If you’re unfamiliar with what these item types are, refer to our Managing Items article.
The ability to autofill identities and cards is only available with the Bitwarden web browser extension at this time. Unfortunately, mobile platforms such as Android and iOS do not support these types of autofill functions.
Autofill an Identity
- From a page that you wish to autofill, open the browser extension and find your Identity under the Identities section.
- Click on the Identity. The Bitwarden browser extension will find any relevant fields that match the data in your identity and fill them.
Autofill a Card
- From a page that you wish to autofill, open the browser extension and find your Card under the Cards section.
- Click on the Card. The Bitwarden browser extension will find any relevant fields that match the data in your card and fill them.
Hide Identities and Cards
Identities and Cards can be hidden from view of the Tab section if your prefer them not be shown when opening the browser extension.
Hiding these items will disable their ability to be auto-filled.
- Open the Browser Extension
- Select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Other section.
- Select Options.
- Select Don’t Show Cards on Tab Page.
- Select Don’t Show Identities on Tab Page.