The Bitwarden Blog
Building a Strong Security Stack
October 18, 2021
Throughout October, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. Over the course of the month, these security groups encourage people and organizations to do their part in protecting cyberspace, encourage personal accountability, and take proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity.
In celebration of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, we want to know what your cybersecurity stack looks like!
We surveyed the Bitwarden community and the results include their favorite applications across the stack. Check out the link down below to add your own feedback to the survey.
The basic principles behind a strong stack include:
- Perimeter Security - Guards your network
- Endpoint Protection - Protects employee computers
- Information Security - Protects files and other information
- Authentication - Ensures you are who you are when accessing data
- Backup and Recovery - Quickly get back up and running after a disaster or breach
- Network Monitoring - Continuously monitors infrastructures for threats
It’s always a good time to take a look at how you can better protect your online information and create a more secure experience. Cybersecurity Awareness Month reminds us to take advantage of security resources and software to keep us safe online.
In addition to the results of the survey, here are a few free and secure cybersecurity resources from Bitwarden:
The survey is still open! Share what your cybersecurity stack looks like here
Did we miss any important apps? Let us know on Twitter at twitter.com/Bitwarden.
Back to Blog