Leading up to World Password Day on May 6th, Bitwarden conducted a global survey to understand the state of password management. The findings were clear - nearly 2 out of 3 of people still rely on memory to recall passwords. But at the same time, 1 in 5 need to reset their passwords several times per week because they forget them. The survey further details that while solid awareness exists around password security best practices, work still remains to convert that awareness into action.
World Password Day on May 6th, 2021 marks the perfect time to take control of your online security with the help of a trusted password manager!
At Bitwarden, we like to envision a world in which no one gets hacked. To get there, everyone needs password security across individuals, families, organizations, and businesses.
To deliver password security to everyone, we recognize and believe that password management for individuals can and should be free. This belief is deeply rooted in our mission at Bitwarden to serve the global community with software that can help everyone take control of their digital identity. We welcome you to explore all Bitwarden plans and features available for both individuals and businesses.
The best way to protect yourself online is by taking your security into your own hands with a password manager you can trust. With the right password manager, you will discover an online experience that affords you both security and convenience. For instance, Bitwarden works wherever you are, ensuring availability across all of your devices and applications. Meanwhile, you can store, access, and share sensitive data knowing your information is secured with end-to-end encryption before it ever leaves your device.
Next week, we’ll celebrate World Password Day with three simple steps encouraging everyone to
- Protect yourself and pick the right password manager
- We like options that are open source, and have fully featured free versions
- Make it a habit, at home and at work
- For habits to become habits, they need to happen both at work and at home too. Bitwarden allows every user to have a personal vault that is visible just to them
- Share tips with others - we’re all in this together
- The Bitwarden Global Community showcases the best of what an engaged group can deliver. Active forums, online discussions, translations, and contributions highlight just a few lively areas
The full results of the World Password Day Global Survey for 2021 can be found in this presentation:
Download full survey here.
Survey methodology and details
The survey was conducted in conjunction with independent research firm Propeller Insights who surveyed 1600+ people in countries around the world including the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
Get started today!
Click here to read the complementary news release.