Back-End Software Engineer
at Bitwarden in Engineering
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As a member of the Engineering team at Bitwarden, you will contribute directly to the future of the Bitwarden product while working with a great team and amazing open source community.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Billing team. We use several third-party providers to collect payment from our customers, and in this position you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the interfaces between our code and these vendors. You will be responsible for responding to new requests from our Product team to add features to the interfaces as well as ensuring that we respond to any changes introduced by the providers.
This is an all-remote team and US time zones are preferred. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Become an expert and authority on Bitwarden’s billing services, including understanding the APIs and webhooks exposed by our third-party providers
- Develop secure, scalable, and reliable services to support the growing Bitwarden community
- Work with the rest of the Billing team to design and implement requests for new interfaces or new payment structures as Bitwarden grows
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
What you bring to Bitwarden
- Deep understanding of third-party billing and financial providers, including Stripe and PayPal
- Experience developing C# APIs service-based and serverless architectures (Azure experience preferred)
- Familiarity with the concepts of webhooks and asynchronous event response patterns
- Ability to read, understand, and act upon documentation from third-party payment providers to build and maintain interfaces
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Experience with documenting complex technical solutions and conveying knowledge to other members of the Engineering team
- Proficiency using source control such as Git, SVN, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
What to Expect in the Interview Process
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Introduction with Recruiting Manager
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview/s with team members
- Interview with VP of Engineering
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine the impact on the role and company.
A Few Reasons to Work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone––from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert in a growing market. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- Learn and grow professionally. Embrace the opportunity to build up your demand generation and product-led growth expertise in a fast-growing startup.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.