at Bitwarden in Engineering
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As a Software Engineer at Bitwarden, you will contribute directly to the future of the Bitwarden products while working with a great team and amazing open source community. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of delivering valuable features throughout the entire development lifecycle and play a direct role in shaping our product and team.
This is an all-remote team and US time zones are preferred. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Become an expert and authority on the entire Bitwarden codebase, including backend infrastructure, APIs, database, web app, browser extensions, desktop apps, and more
- Participate in hands-on development of the Bitwarden products
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes submitted by the user community
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Experience working in some or all of our stack: Angular, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server or similar RDBMS, and Rust
- Proficiency using source control such as Git, SVN, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Experience in Node.js and electron
- Experience with Tailwind CSS
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Introduction with Recruiting Manager
- Interview with Engineering Manager
- Interview/s with team members
- Interview with VP of Engineering
- Interview with CEO
Final candidates will be required to authorize a background check.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of
- purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.
A note to outside sourcers: we do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations and request to be removed from all such contact lists.