Create an Organization
This article will guide you through the process of creating an Organization. For more information about Organizations, see About Organizations.
Before You Begin
When you create an Organization, you will be assigned the User Type Owner. For more information, see User Types and Access Control.
Create an Organization
Complete the following steps to create an Organization:
- Log in to your Web Vault.
Select the New Organization button.
On the New Organization screen, enter an Organization Name for your new Organization and the Billing Email we can reach you at.
Paid Organizations (Families, Teams, or Enterprise) have a 7 Day Free Trial built in. We won’t charge you until your trial is over. You can cancel your subscription at any time in the Settings tab of your Organization.
- If you’re creating an Organization on behalf of a business:
- Check the This account is owned by a business checkbox.
- Provide your Business Name.
Checking the This account is owned by a business checkbox will automatically filter your plan options to those suited to businesses. If you represent a business interested in testing secure sharing using a Free Organization, leave this option unchecked.
- In the Choose Your Plan section, select which type of Organization to create. Options include:
- Free: For testing or personal use, to share with 1 other user. Learn more.
- Families: For personal use, to share between 6 friends or family members. Learn more.
- Teams: For businesses and other team organizations. Learn more.
- Enterprise: For businesses and other large organizations. Learn more.
Paid Organizations (Families, Teams, or Enterprise) include premium features for all enrolled users. For more information about premium features, see About Bitwarden Plans.
- If you selected a Paid Organization, enter the following information:
- For Teams or Enterprise, enter the number of User Seats you need. You can add additional seats later if required.
- For Families, Teams, or Enterprise, enter the amount of Additional Storage (GB) you need. You plan comes with 1 GB of shared encrypted file attachments, and you can add additional storage space later if needed.
- For Teams or Enterprise, select whether you’d like to be billed Annually or Monthly. Families Organizations may only be billed annually.
- For any Paid Organization, enter your Payment Information
- Click Submit to start using your new Organization.
Now that you’ve created your Organization, we recommend that you: