Sales Development Representative
at Bitwarden in Sales
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety as the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Driven by our commitment to innovation and transparency, we proudly serve some of the largest companies in the world with enterprise-grade solutions that businesses can trust. More information about our product is available on our blog, along with tips and best practices to strengthen your online security.
Our Sales Development Representatives are considered Product Specialists who find and screen potential customers and provide them with information on the Bitwarden product suite. As the first human interaction speaking to potential customers, you will develop a strong understanding of our sales process, excel at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales team up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills and have the ability to showcase our offerings compellingly. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for responding to and following up with inbound sales inquiries and actively pursuing outbound sales leads through prospecting, cold calling, emailing, and social selling activities. You will have the chance to wear multiple hats and learn new skills to help grow your career. Bitwarden is a fully distributed (remote) company.
For this role, we are looking for someone located in the U.S.
- Proactively respond to inbound sales inquiries from companies and channel partners
- Generate sales leads by engaging prospects with outbound outreach
- Manage and maintain both an inbound and outbound sales pipeline
- Identify and respond to prospects needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Follow sales playbook to ensure optimized lead and prospect qualification and discovery
- Follow service-level agreements on lead response time and follow-up intervals
- Guide sales leads through either an Account Executive led or a self-service buying process
What you bring to Bitwarden
- 0 - 3 years of relevant sales experience in the technology / SaaS space
- Expressive speaker with the ability to quickly articulate technical information
- Effective problem-solving, strong time management, and organizational skills
- Innovative thinker who enjoys problem-solving in a changing environment
- Collaborative team player who will share best practices and learn from others
- Exemplifies persistence, resilience, and loves tackling issues and getting results
- 4-year degree or equivalent preferred
- You have been a Sales Development Representative
- Experience using a CRM, Salesloft, or a similar engagement tool
- You have experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, or similar tools
- You’re experienced prospecting into Mid Market B2B companies
What to expect from the interview process
Selected candidates will be invited to progress through the following stages:
- Screening Call with Recruiting Manager
- Interview with SDR Manager
- Interview with Director of Sales
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine the impact on the role and company.
A few reasons to work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone––from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert in a growing market. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- Learn and grow professionally. Embrace the opportunity to build up your demand generation and product-led growth expertise in a fast-growing startup.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.