Technical Evangelist Lead
at Bitwarden in Marketing
Bitwarden empowers enterprises, developers, and individuals to securely store and share sensitive data. With a transparent, open-source approach to password management, secrets management, and passwordless and passkey innovations, Bitwarden makes it easy for users to extend robust security practices across all online activities. Founded in 2016 with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, Bitwarden is supported by a passionate global community of security experts and enthusiasts.
As the Technical Evangelist Lead at Bitwarden, you will spearhead the cultivation of the Bitwarden community’s presence and engagement with IT and Developer audiences. Your role includes managing the Bitwarden Learning and Development hub, collaborating closely with potential and existing customers to provide immersive training to Bitwarden fostering adoption and utilization, and overseeing our communities to foster two-way dialog.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing. The Technical Evangelist Lead holds a pivotal position within the organization.
- Foster meaningful connections with the Bitwarden community, users, and enterprise clients, cultivating trust and rapport
- Educate diverse audiences by creating innovative materials aligned with the Bitwarden ethos
- Conduct product demonstrations, curate best-practice resources, offer prototype solutions, and share code samples
- Synthesize information from the community, users, and internal product and engineering teams, facilitating seamless knowledge exchange
- Be a source of knowledge about Bitwarden, delivering impactful presentations and interviews to amplify brand recognition
- Lead Bitwarden customer product training for end-user, IT, and Developer focused products
- Maintain deep technical proficiency to comprehend intricate user demands and product functionalities, and productize that knowledge in externally visible assets
- Serve as a technical consultant, guiding customers in maximizing Bitwarden potential.
- Internally document and disseminate content and methodologies to expedite organizational growth
- Support sales initiatives and requests for detailed technical and security information
- Manage and mentor a small team
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
Bitwarden seeks candidates who have the right experience and mindset with proven results in the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience with open-source software, community engagement, developer relations, evangelism, and advocacy
- Proven history of expanding software adoption among both individual users, organizations, and businesses
- Showcase of public contributions on websites, blogs, or code repositories, highlighting your expertise
- Proficiency in and familiarity with Bitwarden, coupled with a strong aptitude for continuous learning
- Enthusiasm for addressing customer security and password challenges, showcasing a problem-solving mindset
- Demonstrated experience in team management practicing servant leadership
- Self-starter with effective problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify solutions and communicate them
- High emotional intelligence and the capability to advocate for others
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- 30 minute meeting with our Recruiting Manager
- 45 minute interview with our VP of Marketing
- Interview with team members
Final candidates will be required to authorize a background check.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of
- purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
A note to outside sourcers: we do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations and request to be removed from all such contact lists.