at Bitwarden in Sales
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
We are looking for a Sales Trainer to design and deliver educational programs for our sales teams and channel partners.
Sales Trainer responsibilities include conducting skills gap analysis, preparing learning material and evaluating results after each training session. For this role, you will work closely with our salespeople to identify challenges they face on-the-job and recommend ways to increase productivity. We want to ensure that our sellers deeply know our products and how they fit in the overall security landscape, and are able to engage in technical conversations while also following precise sales motions.
Ultimately, you will help increase the overall performance of our sales teams and ensure they have the skills to achieve their goals.
As the Sales Trainer at Bitwarden, you will
- Design and deliver sales training programs to internal sales team members as well as to channel sales agents
- Conduct sales skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement and development
- Produce physical and digital educational and certification materials (e.g. videos and case studies, LMS)
- Schedule individual and team training sessions on a regular basis
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs
- Deeply learn and maintain knowledge about Bitwarden products and sales procedures
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement
- Design and deliver training curricula and certification programs
- Produce physical and digital educational material (e.g. videos and case studies)
- Onboard new salespeople
- Coordinate individual and team performance review sessions to discuss strengths and weaknesses
- Monitor sales objectives and results
- Collect feedback from trainees and managers about training courses
- Report on impact of training programs (e.g. sales achieved)
- Liaise with external trainers or industry professionals and organize seminars
- Oversee training material and suggest improvements
- Choose the most appropriate training method per case (e.g. on-the-job training, seminars and simulations)
- Evaluate sales team performance to ensure incorporation of taught techniques
- Create an open-communication climate and gather team members’ preferences for potential training
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training record
- Stay up-to-date with employee development trends
What you bring to Bitwarden
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a Sales Trainer or similar role
- Working knowledge of necessary training program components coupled with an ability to work independently
- Experience in a sales position is a plus
- Ability to manage the full training cycle, including in-person activities and web-based learning
- Hands-on experience with e-learning platforms
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid communication and presentation abilities
- BSc or BA degree
- Additional certification in training is a plus
What to expect in the interview process
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with Sales Ops Manager
- Interview with Director of Sales
- Interview with Senior Director of Marketing
- Interview with Technical Evangelist
A few reasons to work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.