Expansion Sales Specialist
at Bitwarden in Sales
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
Bitwarden is searching for an Expansion Sales Specialist who is exceptional in building and maintaining customer relationships in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will manage a portfolio of accounts where the primary focus is on generating new business from existing Teams and Enterprise clients. As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering teams, among others.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to get into a fast growing company early and build the foundation for a world-class sales organization. Bitwarden is a fully distributed company.
- Provide excellent customer service and upkeep of existing clientele while identifying strategic opportunities to expand Bitwarden adoption
- Spearhead the increased adoption within strategic accounts
- Uncover new opportunities from our existing customers and target accounts
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts
- Become an expert in demonstrating the value of the Bitwarden solutions, understanding the target market and personas
- Position services and escalate pain points to the Sales and Customer Success team
- Bridge Sales, Finance, and Customer Success to expand existing client accounts
- Work with the product team to channel feedback on customer requirements
- Meet team standards around activity, accountability, and internal cross-functional SLAs
What you bring to Bitwarden
- Prior experience in a selling role at a technical company
- Prior experience in sales with a heavy reliance on email and telephone communication
- Affinity for and familiarity with Bitwarden, and the ability to learn a lot more
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Understanding of and empathy for customers’ organizational needs
- Self-directed style to drive deal wins
- Passion for putting repeatable business processes in place
- Familiarity with open source communities is a plus
What to expect in the interview process
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Screening call with Recruiting Manager
- Interview with Director of Sales
- Interview with CRO
- Interview with CCO
- Reference Calls
A few reasons to work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.