Back-End Software Engineer (Password Manager)
at Bitwarden in Engineering
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
As a Back-End Software Engineer at Bitwarden, you will be responsible for building new features and maintaining our Password Manager back-end codebase, which includes our APIs, serverless functions, and databases. We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a growing organization with a strong collaborative focus. You will have the opportunity to take ownership over key areas of our product, providing direction for future changes and scoping out work to bring exciting new features to our users while maintaining overall code quality and maintainability.
This is an all-remote team and we need someone who can have some overlap with the US Eastern time zone.
- Become an expert and authority on the Password Manager server codebase, including our APIs, serverless functions, and database
- Participate in hands-on development of the Bitwarden Password Manager product
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Independently plan, estimate and deliver new feature work and bug fixes
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes submitted by the user community
What you bring to Bitwarden
- Expertise in developing and maintaining .NET Core services and libraries in C#
- Experience with maintaining, modifying, and optimizing SQL databases for enterprise-level solutions
- Understanding of authentication concepts, including OpenIDConnect, SAML, OAuth, and SSO flows
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for open source and for better internet security
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Familiarity with modern front-end frameworks (specifically Angular) is a plus for cross-collaboration with teammates
What to expect in the interview process
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with hiring manager
- Panel interview with other engineers
- Reference calls
- Interview with CEO
A few reasons to work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.