Full-Stack Software Engineer
at Bitwarden in Engineering
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
We want to imagine a world where no one gets hacked, and we invest in technology to build that world. As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Bitwarden on the passwordless.dev team, you will contribute directly to the future of passwordless.dev while working with a great team and amazing open source community.
If you are someone who loves to solve problems and knows your way around the .NET platform, we want your help to build an API that developers love to use. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership and want to play a direct role in shaping passwordless.dev and the team.
This is an all-remote team and US time zones are preferred. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Become an expert and authority on the Passwordless.dev codebase, including backend infrastructure, APIs, database, web app and more
- Participate in hands-on development of the Bitwarden products
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Independently plan, estimate and deliver simple solutions
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes submitted by the user community
What you bring to Bitwarden
- Experience building API’s
- Proficiency using source control such as Git, SVN, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Knowledge or interest in learning FIDO2 / WebAuthn
- Experience in Node.js, PHP, Python, and Java
What to expect in the interview process
Selected candidates will be invited to progress through the following stages:
- Introduction with Recruiting Manager
- Interview with Engineering Manager
- Interview/s with team members
- Interview with VP of Engineering
- Interview with CEO
Final candidates will be required to authorize a background check.
A few reasons to work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.