Senior Manager, Product Marketing
at Bitwarden in Marketing
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
As Bitwarden expands its product portfolio, it seeks a senior product marketing leader to drive go-to-market and technology ecosystem content strategy. A member of the Bitwarden product marketing team, you will craft creative go-to-market motions on both the product and portfolio level that delight individual and business users. You will develop concise, benefits-driven messaging, and value propositions that fuel and support our public relations, growth, demand generation, and community programs.
This is an all-remote team and we are looking for someone who can work within North American time zones.
- Minimum 8 years of product marketing experience partnering with product and engineering teams at high growth B2B technology companies. Being a part of a product led growth company is a plus.
- Domain knowledge of the broader technology partner ecosystem across password security, identity access management and privileged access management, as well as the competitive landscape across vendors.
- Experience conducting customer interviews and competitive research; can distill learnings in a structured way to help shape product roadmap, value propositions, messaging, and persona development.
- Passionate about writing, editing, and proofreading with a strong attention to detail.
- Oversee emerging products (Secrets Manager, passwordless) and grow awareness and adoption of each product line; create product messaging that is distinct from one another, but maintains consistency across the portfolio to provide a stronger, more cohesive story for Bitwarden.
- Develop customer focused marketing strategies for increasing cross-sell / upsell opportunities across Bitwarden user base and beyond.
- Develop product messaging and positioning informed by customer research, market insights, product understanding.
- Partner with growth marketing to track right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption. Provide input on persona and segmentation.
- Drive go to market planning for new features and product releases; lead the development of related content including blogs, social media, customer communications, and press materials.
- Work cross functionally to set and drive qualitative goals for GTM campaigns.
- This role will report into the senior director of product marketing and will initially be a senior level individual contributor with the opportunity to grow and manage a core product marketing team.
What you bring to Bitwarden
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, startup environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Examples of externally published work.
- An affinity for and familiarity with Bitwarden and the ability to learn a lot more.
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges.
What to expect in the interview process
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with senior director of product marketing
- Interview/s with team members
- Share examples of previous work, which includes published articles, video presentations, or podcast interviews.
- 30-minute panel presentation to hiring committee
- Reference calls
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record, and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A few reasons to work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.