Senior Front-End Developer
at Bitwarden in Marketing
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
Bitwarden is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to build and manage web properties in Contentful leveraging GatsbyCloud. The ideal candidate has an appreciation for, and understanding of design, user experience, and SEO.
- Creating an ecosystem of components that will help our marketing team manage the content across our sites in Contentful
- This role is situated in the Design and Digital Experience team which is responsible for our brand and customer facing experiences on the web
- Along with front-end duties, we have cross-departmental projects that require this developer to be involved with the development of various aspects of our product to help improve our customers’ experience both on the website and product
What you bring to Bitwarden
- Respectful and positive attitude
- Ability to adapt and switch gears in busy environments
- Initiative - you do not need to be managed day-to-day and complete projects without constant oversight or prodding
- Ability to navigate through high-priority, last minute requests
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas
- Passion for the projects you work on and a desire to increase your technical knowledge outside of your comfort zone
- Experience with Yarn, npm, Git and CI a necessity
- Direct experience with Contentful and GatsbyJS
- Experience with TailwindCSS
- Experience with UX principles and design systems. Figma will also be a huge plus
- Experience using testing with Storybook
A Few Reasons to Work with Us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.