Director of Communications
at Bitwarden in Marketing
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
As the Director of Communications at Bitwarden, you will own the end to end Communications and Public Relations strategy with particular focus on media relations to increase Bitwarden visibility. The Director of Communications will build and manage relationships with third parties, opinion leaders, and influential stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive conversations.
The Director of Communications will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive communications plan, with focus on furthering Bitwarden brand awareness
- Create communications materials including messaging, media statements, news releases, blog posts and presentations
- Persistently place media stories that advance the Bitwarden mission in news coverage
- Combat false headlines and incorrect information
- Develop and manage relationships with podcasters, bloggers, influencers, reporters, columnists, and editorial staff to deliver favorable exposure
- Own executing rapid response for breaking news stories and develop crisis communication strategies
- Work with Bitwarden leadership to set communications goals, train in communications skills, and track and report on success
- Manage agency and mentor a small team; identify if additional staff or agency partners are needed to further program impact
What you bring to Bitwarden:
At Bitwarden, we are seeking candidates who have the right experience and mindset with proven results in the following areas:
- Strong leader with hands on experience leading Public Relations (PR) and Communications helping teams succeed while working in a fast-paced and growing cross-functional environment
- Experience managing outside agency partners
- Strong media relations skills; experience with crisis communications
- Understanding of the identity and access management space
- An excellent storyteller with stellar writing skills; ability to write strong content
- Understanding of how to use data and analytics to measure the success of media programs
- Strong verbal and written communication and ability to influence across the organization
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines with sensitive and confidential information
A Few Reasons to Work with Us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.