Mid-Market Account Executive (German Speaking)
at Bitwarden in Sales
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety as the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Driven by our commitment to innovation and transparency, we proudly serve some of the largest companies in the world with enterprise-grade solutions that businesses can trust. More information about our product is available on our blog, along with tips and best practices to strengthen your online security.
Bitwarden is expanding its sales footprint and is looking for a Mid-Market Account Executive based in Europe, with a requirement of fluency in both German and English.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated sales professional with strong sales skills and channel experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 4-8 years of new account or business development experience with a proven track record of engaging the Partner ecosystem to drive success.
In your role, you will be responsible for achieving an assigned quota number while also managing lead flow, closing deals, recruiting partners and developing geographical go to market plans. Until Bitwarden sets up an EU headquarters and legal entity, this position will be filled with a full-time contractor.
- Effective prospecting and lead management building a 3-5X pipeline within your territory
- Predominant focus on closing business in companies with between 18 and 500 employees
- Managing and reporting a sales pipeline within our CRM, bringing the visibility of the revenue accurately, quarterly
- Territory planning and any sales support required
- Focus on activities and opportunities delivering short term and long-term revenue
- Effective and regular networking to attract and influence Partner sales and grow our Partner relationships
- Use your existing relationships to recruit and onboarding new partners, get them to agree to engage in proactive demand generation activities
- Maintain a regional partner plan mapping partner strengths (customer relationships, vertical focus, technology specialty) to accounts and target opportunities
- Track and manage lead flow both inbound and outbound between partners and the Bitwarden Sales team. Proactively communicate with Bitwarden sales leaders on the channel pipeline and forecast
- Work closely with marketing to deliver marketing events/programs/campaigns that create interest and awareness among partners’ customers.Build and execute joint partner business plans with measurable success
- Set financial goals for focus partners and ensure goals achievement
- Drive multiple key channel initiatives in parallel across technical, professional services, and sales
What you bring to Bitwarden
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4-8 years of outside high-tech IT sales experience. IT security product experience is desirable but not mandatory
- Experience at a startup or pre $100M revenue company is desirable
- A proven track-record of driving continued partner growth and revenue
- Knowledge and strong relationships with SMB and SME focused resellers and MSP partners within a multistate region will be necessary
- Ability to drive influence and build effective relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner organizations
- Motivated and focused self-starter with strong leadership skills who can multitask, work independently or within a team
- Exceptional communication skills including listening, writing and public speaking.
- Can work in a fast paced, start-up environment
- An avid channel leader who knows how to teach, enable and motivate partners to find and close business
- Relationships and strong relationships with top VARs and Integrators
- Must demonstrate a consistent track record of achieving annual quota targets while providing specific details on key customer wins
- Possesses a competitive attitude, strong work ethic and thrives in a fast pace, high growth and matrixed organizational environment
- Positive history of collaborative selling
- Must be a proficient user of CRM tools and other Gsuite and MS Office tools
- German and English proficiency REQUIRED
What to Expect in the Interview Process
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Screen call with Bitwarden recruiting team
- Interview with our European Sales Manager
- Interview with our US-based Director of Sales
- Interview with Interim CRO
- Interview with our Chief Customer Officer
- Reference Checks
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check.
A Few Reasons to Work with us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone––from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert in a growing market. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- Learn and grow professionally. Embrace the opportunity to build up your demand generation and product-led growth expertise in a fast-growing startup.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.