VP of Engineering
at Bitwarden in Engineering
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
The VP of Engineering at Bitwarden leads and grows our distributed engineering team while participating in overall product delivery. You are comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance. This position reports to the CTO and collaborates across departments.
- Help drive the technical roadmap, architecture, and new feature vision of the product
- Become an expert and authority on the entire Bitwarden codebase, including: backend infrastructure, APIs, database, web app, mobile apps, browser extensions, desktop apps, and more
- Bring expertise and experience in the full SDLC pipeline from design and development through QA, deployment and operations of a global 24-7-365 SaaS platform at scale with high reliability and uptime
- Experience developing software in keeping with compliance requirements such as SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Build rapport with each member of the engineering team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills and understand our codebase
- Define and track key metrics for productivity
- Develop and enforce coding standards across the team
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Actively recruit, onboard, and train new engineers and middle management
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through weekly 1:1s and team meetings
- Collaborate with other senior leaders at the company toward company-wide goals related to financial achievement, product innovation, and overall growth.
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build teams quickly and recruit top talent
- Exceptional management and mentorship skills
- Ability to manage and drive up the quality of your teams' work
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Demonstrated longevity and a track record of success at multiple organizations
- Experience working remotely and managing a distributed team
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Interview with our CTO
- Interview with our CEO
- Panel interviews with our Engineering leadership teams
- Panel interview with our CCO & CFO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine the impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: we do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations and request to be removed from all such contact lists.