at Bitwarden in Engineering
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As a DevOps Engineer at Bitwarden, you will contribute directly to the future of the Bitwarden product across our infrastructure, self-hosted deployment options, continuous integration and delivery, and other components while working with a great team and amazing open source community. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of delivering valuable enhancements and new capabilities for our product through development, delivery, automation, operations, and outstanding support.
This is an all-remote team, and we are looking for someone with some overlap with North American timezones.
- Become an expert and authority on the entire Bitwarden architecture, including: backend infrastructure, APIs, database, web app, mobile apps, browser extensions, desktop apps, and more
- Refine and enhance the Bitwarden infrastructure, delivery pipeline, automation, SDLC and development practices
- Participate in some hands-on development of the Bitwarden product
- Take ownership of Bitwarden’s cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes for issues submitted by the user community
- Included in an on-call support rotation
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Experience with Azure, cloud engineering and networking
- Proficiency using source control, specifically Git
- Proficiency with continuous integration concepts and tools, infrastructure as code and database administration
- Experience with the administration of Linux servers
- Solid knowledge of bash and/or PowerShell scripting
- Experience with a programming language (e.g. Python, Go, etc.)
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solutions
- A passion for documentation and sharing of knowledge
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Mobile apps experience
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and containerization
- CI/CD tools experience such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, AppVeyor, etc.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Interview with team members
- Interview with engineering leadership
- Interview with our CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check after an offer is made. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.
A note to outside sourcers: we do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations and request to be removed from all such contact lists.