Junior Technical Writer
at Bitwarden in Customer Success
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we continue to offer a full-featured free version of Bitwarden so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. At the same time, we provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, and will continue to innovate in the identity and authentication market as the world starts to grow beyond passwords. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
Bitwarden is looking for a technical writer to join our team in helping users successfully work with our growing portfolio of products and navigate the web safely. You’ll produce written material for internet beginners, experienced IT professionals, and everyone in between. You’ll be hands-on with some of the most-used technologies in modern software development and get first-hand exposure to open source philosophies, workflows, and communities.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to get into a fast-growing company early and build the foundation for a world-class product experience. Bitwarden is an all-remote team and this person can be based anywhere with some time zone overlap with the U.S. east coast.
- Shape the future of bitwarden.com/help
- Develop new product content to help support an endless stream of new features & products
- Maintain and improve existing content to ensure our users always find the right info
- Triage and address suggestions and corrections from the community
- Contribute to and help enforce Bitwarden Style and Brand guidelines
- Support our tight-knit team as a product expert at Bitwarden
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Familiarity with or prior experience with Bitwarden
- A passion for internet security and helping everyone stay secure
- Clear and concise communication skills
- A collaborative approach to content production, sharing, editing, and review
- Prior experience in a technical writing role at a technology company
- Understanding of and empathy for customers’ organizational needs
- Self-directed style to fulfill company needs and generate net new projects to enhance product adoption
- Familiarity with open source communities is a plus
- 4-year degree or equivalent preferred
Familiarity with the following areas/technologies is a plus:
- Command-line interfaces (CLI)
- RESTful API
- Contentful (or other headless CMS)
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Screening call with People Ops (30 minutes)
- Interview with Sr. Technical Writer (30 minutes)
- Interview with Director, Customer Success (30 minutes)
- Interview with CCO (30 minutes)
- References and meeting with our CEO (30 minutes)
Being a remote-only team, we highly value excellent written communication skills. Typically, we'll ask for a short writing sample on any topic. If you don't have one, we'll share more details on how to complete this step. Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check in addition to references. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record, and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report, so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.