at Bitwarden in Engineering
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As a Data Engineer at Bitwarden, you will contribute directly to the future of the Bitwarden product and organization while working with a great team and amazing open source community. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of building and transforming our data pipelines, logs, financial data, integrated solutions, and analytics in order to piece together dashboards and insights to help with strategic decision-making.
This is an all-remote team and some overlap with US timezones is needed.
- Become an expert and authority on the entire Bitwarden data architecture
- Refine and enhance the Bitwarden data and reporting infrastructure, data transformation and data pipelines, automation, and dashboards
- Expand and design new aspects and dimensions of the Bitwarden data warehouse
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Work closely with the product, engineering, marketing and finance teams to gather data and reporting requirements, synthesizing common models and advise best practices
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Experience with Azure DataOps services such as Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake, Synapse, and Azure Functions
- Ability to code and script using Python
- Proficiency using source control, specifically Git
- Proven ability to build dashboards and reports in Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience integrating data from RESTful APIs
- Fundamental understanding of advanced algebra and statistics
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for answering complex questions with data
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solutions
- A passion for documentation and sharing of knowledge
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Data warehouse design and architecture
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Interview with Development Manager
- Interview with the VP of Engineering
- Interview with the CTO
- Interview with the Product Manager
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check after an offer is made. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record, and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.
- Our engineering team makes it a policy to carve out some time for personal growth, learning, skill building and pursuing personal passions that positively impact the team and company. To ensure that everyone has time to reaffirm their purpose and grow, you are encouraged to self-direct up to 15% of your week to what you feel is important for the company and for yourself.
A note to outside sourcers: we do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations and request to be removed from all such contact lists.