at Bitwarden in Product
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password and secrets management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As Product Designer at Bitwarden, you will help improve user experience for a product loved by millions. We’re looking for someone who believes that security products can both protect users and be elegant and intuitive. You will collaborate with other product designers and product managers to conduct user research, propose designs, and shape the future of the product. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter as well as a hyper-collaborator who thrives on feedback for continuous iteration.
This is an all-remote team with a preference for some overlap with US East and West coasts.
We are open to candidates who are either mid-level with an exceptional portfolio to more experienced senior designers.
- Research, design, and iterate concepts for new and existing product experience
- Create low-fidelity wireframes as well as higher fidelity prototypes
- Design and prototype seamless, user-centric solutions across the Bitwarden platform (desktop, mobile, web)
- Conduct usability research
- Partner with different groups across the company to identify user journeys and iterate on design
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- 2+ years experience in product design
- Ability to communicate designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Skilled in Figma, Sketch, xD or other design tools (we primarily use Figma)
- Experience in planning and executing full-cycle user research and testing
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for open source and for better internet security
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a range of artifacts developed in creating UX solutions.
- Startup experience
- Experience with accessibility design
- Experience with developing and evangelizing design systems
- Cross-platform design experience
- Lean methodology
- Proven experience influencing leadership on design direction using data and user feedback as a rationale for decisions.
DESIGN AT BITWARDEN
The Design team at Bitwarden values simple and inclusive design solutions. We believe the best solutions are built by collaborating with cross-functional teams and our valued community members. As a budding design team, we stress continuous improvement so that we can ensure we are consistently delivering great products to our customers.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with Sr. Product Manager
- Portfolio Presentation with 3 - 5 team members
- Review of 2-3 design projects of your choosing
- Outline the design process for each project and your contributions
- Interview with Product Designer
- Interview with VP of Engineering
- Interview with CTO
- Interview with the CEO
- Reference calls
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.