Global Email Marketing Specialist
at Bitwarden in Marketing
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety as the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations alike. Driven by our commitment to innovation and transparency, we proudly serve some of the largest companies in the world with enterprise-grade solutions that businesses can trust. More information about our product is available on our blog, along with tips and best practices to strengthen your online security.
Bitwarden is seeking an experienced Email Marketing professional to join our diverse and high-performing marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Growth Marketing, you’ll be responsible for supporting the development and execution of a global email marketing program that drives results toward business goals and provides true value to customers. The ideal candidate is well-versed in email marketing trends, compliance standards, tools, and best practices.
- You are a self-starter with strong time management skills and a natural ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced, startup environment
- You are a metrics-driven creative thinker and enjoy the process of building and optimizing impactful marketing emails that will both engage our users and drive quality results
- You have excellent organization and project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple initiatives of varying complexities
- You’re hungry to learn and are passionate about all work endeavors (big or small)
- You enjoy challenging the status quo and thinking outside the box
- You have knowledge of B2B lead generation and lead nurture best practices
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally between teams, departments, and external partners, customers, or service providers
- You have a deep interest in technology innovation and IT security solutions that make the online world a safer place
- Support customer acquisition growth through email campaigns designed to educate prospective buyers and nurture quality leads through the sales funnel
- Own and manage the monthly newsletter email program end-to-end
- Build and maintain a global email calendar, working closely with cross-functional teams
- Identify targeted audience segments and personalization opportunities to ensure email campaigns are sent to the right people at the right time
- Partner with growth marketing team members to develop successful nurture email programs that will convert new prospects into purchase-ready leads for sales
- Work with Marketing teams to create engaging email content, templates, and testing scenarios that deliver high open and engagement rates
- Be a champion for customer retention journeys in collaboration with product marketing, product management, and customer success teams
- Continuously monitor and evaluate email performance data and trends, and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Email campaign reporting and analysis, sharing results with cross-functional teams and the broader organization
- Ensure legal compliance with email rules and privacy regulations on a global scale
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
There is no required number of years experience for this position. At Bitwarden, we are seeking candidates who have the right experience and mind set with proven results in the following areas:
- Experience supporting B2B marketing email campaigns to drive business results and deliver value to customers
- Experience with key marketing automation and CRM technologies such as (or similar to) FreshMarketer and FreshSales
- Ability to work cross-functionally and coordinate with Marketing, Sales, Business Operations, Partner, and Product teams
- Strong analytical background with the ability to translate data into actionable takeaways
- Familiarity with email marketing trends, compliance standards, tools, testing scenarios, best practices, and conversion rate optimization
- Possess the ability to learn, adapt, and process new information quickly
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Interview with the Growth Marketing Lead
- Interviews with Go To Market team members and Chief Customer Officer
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.