Customer Retention Marketing Manager
at Bitwarden in Marketing
Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety as the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we offer a full-featured version of Bitwarden entirely free so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. We provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, delivering innovation in the identity and authentication market. Read more on the Bitwarden blog.
This is a unique role that will sit at the intersection of product, marketing, and sales. As Customer Retention Manager at Bitwarden, you will build and execute a comprehensive post-purchase program that encompasses customer retention, renewal, and engagement. Key deliverables include developing marketing programs for smooth and comprehensive adoption, and improving customer retention, renewal, and upgrade opportunities. You are passionate about driving customer loyalty, ensuring the customer perspective plays a role in shaping the overall product and technology vision of Bitwarden.
This role will require someone who can build cross-functional relationships, work with customer success, sales, and product teams, and create an optimal customer lifecycle journey to deliver business growth.
- Develop and expand a comprehensive customer marketing plan that encompasses renewal, retention, and engagement.
- Develop resources, materials, and outreach campaigns that increase customer engagement with the Bitwarden product and help customers be more successful in using Bitwarden.
- Map customer journey stages by identifying measurable contact and account-based events from customer onboarding to renewal and upgrade opportunities.
- Work closely with sales, customer success, and marketing to ensure customers are aware of new product enhancements, features, and services through programs that drive expansion revenue, and higher, successful product adoption.
- Work alongside marketing and sales operations to implement measurement and reporting.
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
We’re looking for someone with demonstrated experience in customer lifecycle marketing, including customer adoption, nurture, and retention programs.
You have a history of launching end-to-end customer marketing programs within various channels including email, advertising, and webcasts.
You’re a natural communicator and an excellent writer, able to develop post-purchase marketing programs and create compelling messages that help customers deploy, manage, and use Bitwarden. You make each engagement easy and high value for the customer.
An understanding of basic security concepts and practices, and a willingness to learn the nuts and bolts of how our products function to protect users from a security point of view.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule an introduction call and potentially progress through the following stages:
- Interview with senior director of product marketing
- Interview/s with team members
- Reference calls
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.